Sunday, November 21, 2010

Single-working mother

Well this week was my first full week back to work.  I'm so glad I did the transition thing.  I have to say; I'm so tired!!!  By Thursday evening I just wanted to go to bed at 8pm!  However this wasn't just a typical go to work, go home week.  Thursday night I had a meeting/social gathering, and then Friday night I went and picked up my brother's Christmas present, which was over an hour away and then came home.  Then yesterday I did a trade fair, today I'm going to church and then going to talk to prospective foster and adoptive parents.  However in thinking about it, is there ever a typical week???  Nest weekend we are going to Lloydminster to the water park for the day and do some Christmas shopping.  Maybe the week after will be uneventful, nope Christmas party and going to get our Christmas tree out in the bush!  Well maybe the middle of January will be boring. 
On another note Jacob is stimming less and less with me!!!  He's doing it a lot some days with other people but with me it has decreased significantly.  Now if I know anything about behaviour and my child, I expected it to decrease with me first anyways.  I'm the constant and the person who he is most comfortable with, everyone else is not the constant.  So I would see the decrease first because he has reached his comfort with me again and then everyone else will see it dwindle a little bit more as time goes on. 
Geez louise do I love that little boy though and this week I missed him so much!  Friday night because I had missed him so much I thought I would have the grand idea of us having a "sleepover" in my bed.  Yeah, I won't do that for awhile again.  He tossed and turned, I tossed and turned and neither one of us had a good sleep I don't think.  Oh well, we tried!  I think I'll just take it when he comes into my room first thing in the morning and crawls into bed with me for 1/2 hour to initially wake up instead.

No comments: