Saturday, October 22, 2011

Holiday

I am going on a holiday!  I haven't really been on that many holidays.  About 7 or so years ago I went to Vegas; then 2 years ago I went to Mexico, and that's about the extent of my holidays.  My boss told me about a holiday her daughter went on.  She went to a spa resort by herself for a weekend and had a really great time.  I looked into it and I decided it was something I wanted to do.  So in early January I'm going to the Kingfisher Spa and Resort in Comox, BC.  I'm looking so forward to it!  I chose there because it's only 3 nights, 4 days.  Affordable in some ways in that I wanted to spend under $1000 and I probably will spend just over that.  I wanted to do something that I could just relax.  If I want to sleep until noon I can.  I thought the time was enough because then I'm not gone for too long from Jacob.  He will stay with my parents.  I've been away for this amount of time before and he did okay.  I picked the time of year because it's somewhat of a birthday present to myself and it is also considered off season so quite a bit cheaper than other times of the year.  For the first time in my life I feel stressed and so I think this will be a good stress reliever.
Stress is a funny thing.  I'm just tired all the time.  I could go to sleep at 8pm, wake up in the morning and still be tired.  This has been my life the last few weeks.  I can't pinpoint any one thing its just a collaboration of things.  I'm trying to weed out some of the stress, slowly, or do things that alleviate my stress.  Tonight Jacob and I had a laughing war.  That is definitely a remedy I recommend.  Here's a picture of him during the war.  I don't know who won but I know Gertie sure got all worked up and into the fun as well.

No comments: