Sunday, January 15, 2012

Social media

So I'm an anti-social media person.  I'm not on flutter, myarea, or facecrack.  I blog and that's even pretty seldom lately it seems.  Oh and I didn't want to use the exact names so that they wouldn't automatically link to those pages.  Anyhoo.... I chose to go off the crack last spring/summer because it drove me nuts to see so many status updates for the same people over and over in one day.  It drove me even more nuts that I knew how many times a day they were updating their status; meaning I was on it way too much.  So I went off.  This was the second time I went off the crack.  I had gone off a year or so ago for the summer but this time it has been over 6 months that I've been off.  I will admit that I did sneak on every once in a while; maybe once a month.  This time I've snuck on a few times; usually for a purpose though.  I had a couple friends that were pregnant and I hadn't heard anything so I snuck on to check to see if they had posted anything.  I don't have anything against these websites; more I have issues with the way they have deteriorated the meaning of relationships.  You don't have to actually talk to anyone; just type.  I'm resorting back to old fashioned face to face or phone; but I do still text.  I don't think I will ever give up texting; I don't text and drive anymore so that is moving forward! 
So today the new fellow asked me if I was on facebook and I said no, so you will never guess what he did....walked away and didn't say another word to me! 




Just kidding.  I had you didn't I?  No, he did the traditional asking for my number, then I got his from him.  We are travelling together tomorrow night to our small group. 
So I don't know what the point of this post really was; to rant about social media, to explain and justify myself for not being on it, or to give a small update on the man situation.  Whatever you think it was hope you enjoyed, and stay tuned for more.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if you can see it, but there's something funky going on with the graphics on your blog. Makes it kind of hard to read.

Unknown said...

Thanks CGM. I changed the template.