Friday, September 17, 2010

September long weekend

It really started Thursday night.  We went to the rodeo with both of my brothers and their families.  Jacob has really taken a liking to his uncle Casey, not that he doesn't like uncle Cory, but Casey is a big teddy bear sort of guy.  So that night I think would have been Jacob's first encounter with rodeo, he liked the junior bulls the best I think.  Unfortunately.
I had to include this picture of my oh so cute nephew.  Yes the buckle is almost bigger than him but it is one of his dad's so of course he had to wear it.  The funny thing about this little guy is that he suits this dress so well.  He has a little gruff and rough voice that is so deep I have no idea where it came from. 
So Saturday was parade day here in town.  We got to our spots early and watched the parade and got candy.  I was so proud of my little man.  He has really gotten the hang of sharing, so much so that when he tries to share and the little girl he's trying to share with doesn't want what he's sharing he gets a little forceful and shakes the toy and says "Share Share!".  I then have to explain that thank you for sharing she doesn't want what he's sharing and that's okay.  So to my story about the parade.  Candy was being thrown and there were two and Jacob picked up both little candies and immediately handed one to his cousin.  He didn't have to be prompted or told to, he just did it.  Yet another proud moment for a mom. 

After the parade we made our way to the rodeo.  It was kids day so they do more for the kids that day.  Well I thought Jacob would enjoy himself but..... he fell asleep on my lap before Oh Canada was even sang to begin the rodeo.  He slept for about 45 minutes, yes with the horns going off, crowd noises, being bumped all around and still he slept.  After his little nap he enjoyed watching.  I would like him to one day take an interest in the timed events, so team roping, calf roping, steer wrestling.  However he seems to have developed an interest at the other end of the arena.  Each time a junior steer rider went Jacob would say "I ride cow"  No Jacob, no, no, no.  Oh it already starts!
After the rodeo was all done it was on to the Kids Dummy roping.  My brother Cory and his wife Jen started this last year.  They get kids to rope a dummy and then win prizes.  This year my niece Madison won in her age category.  Jacob attempted to swing but he just goofed around but that was okay.  I hadn't entered him because he's a bit too little yet.  Maybe with lots of practise next year he'll enter.  I have to get him focused on doing something else either than riding steers!
After the dummy roping we headed out for our week long trip to Saskatchewan!!!

No comments: