Saturday, March 6, 2010

Baptism and Amazing

I had wrote this on another site but I just wanted it here too. 

When I started this process I had secretly hoped for a little boy. I'm better with boys I thought, I have two brothers, I'm better with rough and tough instead of cutsie and girly. I knew though that like any expectant parent I would be happy and love any child that came into my life. Though to go on about my secret hope, I hoped for a little guy that was still young enough that would remember mostly me as "mom". I hoped for a little guy that was cuddly because although I'm not really affectionate with adults I love to tickle, hug and kiss little kids. I knew it wasn't a big deal but I hoped that the little one was young enough that I could name them, give them a piece of me and my family. I knew it didn't matter at the end of the day but I hoped for a little one that in some miraculous way would resemble me in some little way. I didn't care that much about the history or past but in some way I hoped for a little one that just needed to be loved and cared for forever, who needed a forever home, and a forever family, and a forever mom.




It is only God's miracle that all of my hopes, that I didn't share with anyone else, even the social workers matching he and I, came true! He is a little boy who will most likely only remember me as his mom, who loves to be tickled and will fall asleep curled up in my arms, who I got to give my great grandfathers name, who oddly enough so many people say looks like me, who just needed to be loved by a forever mom. He is the most precious gift I could have ever received from God and I will love him forever. (aah he even got me all teary eyed writing this and I'm not that type of person!)


I am getting Jacob dedicated on March 28 at my church.  We don't do baby baptismal's; instead it is a dedication service.  There is never a mention of a baby baptismal in the bible, but there is regarding dedication of children in the bible so that's what the church that I follow does.  It fits with me.  I remember discussion adult baptism with my uncle and he said you know I don't remember my baptism and I want to; it's something that is important and I feel I want to remember.  That makes total sense to me.  So anyways; I took the plunge this past October and was baptized as an adult.  I was raised Catholic but like my uncle I don't remember the first dunk so I thought I would do it again. 
Well in getting Jacob dedicated I wanted to also find a scripture reading to read to him at the dedication.  Now me and my bible don't spend enough time together but I did manage to find something after looking for awhile.
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy an dpeace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13

No comments: