Friday, March 12, 2010

THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Yes I do mean PERFECT!  So I had blogged about my grandma a few days ago and the sweater she had knit me.  The other thing that I remember perfectly about my grandma is her chocolate chip cookies.  They were the best and always something that I have been trying to find again.  I remember making them with her and she always stored them in a big round tupperware container that was actually for storing pies I think.  My mom also has one and she does the same thing. 
Well this week I found a cookie recipe that tastes so similar to hers.  I know that it isn't the same recipe but I think that it will now be my cookie recipe for good because it tastes so similar to hers.  I haven't had one of her cookies for 25 years but I still remember the taste.  So I'm not going to be stingy and keep the recipe to myself, I am going to share it.  I even took a picture of some on a plate that was my other grandmothers, I thought that it would be appropriate to have one grandma's cookies on another grandma's plate! 
So here they are THE PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE:

Preheat oven to 375 F.
Mix together the following:
1 cup butter (and yes I use butter, no margarine ever in my house, that is like liquid saran wrap!)
2 1/4 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding (this is why I know it's not the same recipe as my grandma, she wouldn't have used instant anything, but for whatever reason it makes them taste like hers)
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Bake for 9 mins and enjoy. 

No comments: