Monday, March 8, 2010

Grandma's

This sweater was one of the last items that my grandma knit.  She passed away when I was 7.  I don't have that many memories of her left but they include making chocolate chip cookies, pierogies, teaching me to knit, and playing frisbee in the house even though grandpa said not to. 
Grandma's are precious people in a kidlet's life.  Jacob is very lucky that his grandma comes to have lunch with him everyday.  They play the tickle game; he's caught on rather quickly and as soon as he sees her he's trying to tickle.

I decided to try and make bread pudding today.  When Jacob first came to me the church members brought food for us.  Bread pudding was one of the desserts that was made for us and boy did he love it.  I don't recall ever having it.  So here is the recipe that I made tonight and it was someone's grandma recipe.  It was very good but the true critic also gave it a spoons up for goodness.


This is what it looked like before oven.
Recipe:
4 cups stale bread cubed
1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon
as many raisins as the family likes
and I sprinkled on top some caramel sugar that I had from Pampered chef
Bake at 350F until it sets.

Sauce:  ****  you have to have the sauce ****
In saucepan heat 1 tbsp butter, add 2 tbsp flour, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup boiling water.  Heat until thickened, and drizzle, or just pour as much as you would like on the warm pudding.

Finished product.

A satisfied kidlet!!! 

No comments: