Saturday, March 6, 2010

How fast they grow

When I received the memory album of Jacob it had hand and footprints in it from 3, 6, 9, and 12 months.  I wanted to start to do this again.  So yesterday I brought out the finger paints and we did his feet and hands. He was funny to get to do this because he would put his hand or finger in the paint, make one line on the paper and then want his hand washed.
I am so proud of him.  He is talking up a storm now.  Yesterday he even said "popcorn".  He is mimicking almost everything, so he will say something once and it is hit and miss if he will say it again but by him saying it once I know he can say it at least.  The cutest is when he says "roar" his voice gets deep and he will repeat it.  I have lost count of how many words he can say now, its just amazing at how fast he is picking it up. 
Last night he and I had a movie date, we got a big bowl of popcorn and watched "The Cat in the Hat" before bed.  Hence him being able to say popcorn.
I remember a friend telling me that being a parent is the greatest of everything.  It is, it is the greatest fears, disappointments, joys, excitement, happiness, love. 

No comments: